It’s June?! When did THAT happen… I can’t even believe it. I guess it would be a good time to look back at this past month running wise, and what is coming up this next month. Running in May: by the numbers…
Total Miles: 220
Average Pace: 7’54”
Number of Races: 1 (Stamford Girls & Boys Club 5K – 19:48, 35th Overall, 1st Female)
Overall Thoughts: Happy with how I’ve transitioned back from Boston recovery to running comfortably and consistently. Not focusing too much on pace, but enjoying running doubles to increase milage, while also working in shorter, faster runs.
Running in June:
Total Miles: ideally looking to hit around 225/250. I’m hoping to build my milage back up while keeping up with speed/tempo workouts and with my circuit training.
Average Pace: still looking to keep my paces comfortable in between tempo/speed workouts. Not looking for target times yet.
Number of Races: 1. As mentioned before, I’m signed up to run the Fairfield Half as a pacer for the 1:40 group. I am super excited to take a different approach to this race and really enjoy it. I would like to add in a few additional, shorter races some weekends to keep focusing on my speed and leg turnover.
Goals for June: Looking to again have my milage remain consistent, not focusing on pace. Really being rested and ready to start training in July for NYCM. I’d really like to incorporate more strength/circuit training into my workouts (at least twice a week) as I think I have felt a slight different in turnover capabilities. I would also like to race at least two shorter, faster races this month.
Other things that are totally floating my boat on this Monday… It’s a joke because it’s STILL raining. #WheresNoah?
- So these
happenedwere needed. I finally had to retire my most favorite pair of Pegasus’ to date… the neon orange and two tone black/grey got me through Boston, but with over 600+ miles and the beginnings of joint pain… I bit the bullet and bought my new summer shoes. Or as I like to call them, limos for my feet. Cheers to the next 600 miles…
- Is it totally weird that I enjoyed the rain/thunderstorm/icky humid weather yesterday? Sometimes it’s hard for me to just sit back, relax, and unwind, but in rainy weather I really enjoy it. Read: I watched a lot of episodes of Entourage (yes I’m seeing the movie on Wednesday) and I made date balls… more to come on that : )
- Free SoulCycle class this morning. Friends and family #killedit. I loved getting everyones feedback and I can’t wait to write up a post about it!
- I’m so excited beach weather is finally here! I am hoping to get a bit more quality beach time in these next few weekends. Here’s to obtaining a summer glow before the Fourth.
- This past Saturday I was so lucky to have my friends and family join me for my first BBQ on my apartments roof deck. I’d love to show you all the delicious eats and beautiful
friends/familyframily, but I was having so much fun that I didn’t take a single picture. Side note: sometimes forgetting to take pictures or documenting my weekend makes me feel like a bad blogger. But I really appreciate my time away from the internet. I try to focus my weekend on my loved ones as well as myself. I do my best to avoid Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Do I check every day? Yes. Do I check constantly? No. I think it’s rude and disrespectful to those you are spending time with and I appreciate my one on one time with them. #SteppingOffSoapBox
- I purchased a blender this weekend (see bullet point numero uno). And not just any blender… a gorgeous, brand spankin’ new, multi-purpose, self-cleaning blender. My blender and I are in LOVE, and I don’t care who knows it! (Name that movie and we can be friends).
I’m in need of a few good summer beach reads… any suggestions? Best book you’ve read lately?
Any races planned for this month?
When do you retire your sneakers? I try to get a new pair around 500… not sure why I waited so long this time? I get attached to my shoes… it’s a little weird. I probably have the last 3 pairs of running shoes. Totally unwearable but I just can’t part with them yet. Too many miles and too many memories.