Linking up with with Amanda today for:
Please keep voting for me for the RunnersWorld Cover here : )
- It’s a proven fact that the week after a short week is actually longer. Like instead of 120 hours, the week is actually 200 hours. It’s science. Needless to say, I have been beyond confused all week. I though Monday was Tuesday and Tuesday was Wednesday, etc. Not only did this complicate things for work, but more importantly, I was so confused why RHONY was not on TV Monday night. #MyStruggleIsSoReal
- Monday, I was able to have my friends and family join me for that free SoulCycle class. It was so much fun and I was so happy that everyone had a good time. I sent out an email to all the new riders who came looking for some feedback, as I am working on a follow-up post. I think because I have such an
addictionpassion for SoulCycle it will be good for me to share a new riders perspective.
- The other day I found my most favoritest (real word) flower on my walk to Starbucks. Peonies are gorgeous and I absolutely love them. Even more than hydrangeas which come in number two. But please don’t buy me flowers. 1. It usually means you did something you feel bad about AND 2. they eventually die and that makes me sad. #ChocolateOverFlowers
- I was so pumped for Entourage to come out Wednesday night. I binge watched all 8 seasons, #Shameless, so I was beyond excited to see the movie. I was all ready to battle the crowds, obtain a
jumbolarge Diet Coke (light ice duh), and have a wild mid-week night out at the movies. Imagine my surprise when I got a text from BF saying the movie was playing locally Tuesday night. At 7PM! Minimizing the chances I fall asleep. Honestly… I don’t know when I got so cool. Anyways, the movie was incredible. It just felt like an extended episode, but you know what, it was entertaining, well done, and wrapped things up perfectly. And surprisingly, all of the hilarious moments weren’t spoiled in the trailer. Best night ever. Side Note: I can’t wait for Ted 2.
- After my National Running Day post, I realized my race calendar for 2015 is looking a little empty. The only races I have planned/signed-up for are the Fairfield Half in June where I will be running as a pacer (1:40 group holla at your girl), and NYCM in November. I’d like to incorporate some shorter, faster races this summer, so I am hoping to run the Westport Summer Series as part of my longer training runs. Especially the shorter distances, I think it would be great to tack them on to the end of a long run and practice finishing fast on tired legs.Looking ahead, I’d like to add in a few half marathons in late summer/early fall to help practice my leg turnover and race fueling strategy. Again some of these races I’d like to do as part of or at the end of a long training run. Possible options for me are the Hogsback Half Marathon September 26th, and the Nantucket Half Marathon October 11th, or the SONO Half Marathon October 17th.As far as 2016 goes (yep…) I plan on running Boston again. I have dabbled with the idea of doing the Boston 2 Big Sur challenge, but not sure how my body would respond to that type of schedule. I also want to see how NYC goes in terms of time. I’d be more comfortable doing the Boston 2 Big Sur challenge if I re-qualify for Boston 2017 in New York. If not, I will want to refocus for Boston and race again there.
- I’ve had a few requests regarding my recipe for Acai Bowls:
– 2 Sambazon Acai Berry Packets Unsweetened (frozen) – many people prefer the sweetened packets at the company offers both, but I like my acai bowls a bit more tart.
– 1 Cup unsweetened original flavor Almond Milk
– 1 Frozen Banana – you can use a fresh banana, but I think frozen gives the acai bowl a bit more substance and a smoother consistency
– Optional: 1/4 Cup nut butter – personally I do not like adding nut butter to my acai bowls, however if you want a thicker consistency, definitely add the nut butter
*Blend all together – I don’t feel the need to add ice since most of my ingredients are already frozen, but you can if you want. This will make the acai bowl a little bit more liquid-y (definitely not a word…)
– Top with whatever you like! Some of my favorite toppings are blueberries, strawberries, shaved unsweetened coconut flakes, and granola.
- Now onto two random refreshments I found in our office kitchen this week. This tea, and this gum.
Let’s start out on the tea… Peach & Ginger sounds totally up my alley, healthy, and honestly, quite refreshing. Since giving up soda almost three weeks ago (yes I caved and had one during Entourage…) I’ve been drinking a ton of water. So I had been craving something fizzy with flavor. Result: totally unimpressed. Honestly, it tasted a bit weird, and far too bitter for my taste. Or maybe I just thought it would be sweet because of the peach? Alas… won’t be grabbing one of those again…
Now the gum. How can gum be “hipster” you might ask… well because it’s an assembly required type gum. Because everything is “simple”, “pure”, and “organic”, the box actually has a divider, one side filled with the gum pieces and the other with the wrapping paper. Therefore, no paper is wasted if you are just helping yourself. However, want to give some gum to a friend? Feel free to remove a sheet of paper, place a piece of gum inside, and hand roll the wrapper around the gum. #IJustCant. Not to mention the gum was rather flavorless and far too sticky – think pencil eraser… Another no thanks…
Have you tried any new to you products lately? Anything you absolutely loved?
What was the last movie you saw? Before Entourage I believe it was Avengers.
Do you like getting flowers? If so, which are your favorite? I hate when flowers die… my mom got me a gorgeous Lilly plant, that she was told by the florist, was difficult to kill. It was dead within a week…