It’s Friday Fri-YAY!
Having a short week last week, this week seemed to go on for an eternity. I definitely don’t exaggerate at all… But either way, it’s Friday and I’m linking up with Heather and Clare this week for my Friday Favorites.
- First and foremost, I was informed a few weeks back that my wonderful boyfriend planned a surprise for me on June 6th. Which is tomorrow. Since I’m not snoopy, characteristic not the cartoon, I have no idea what we’re doing. I’ve been informed that it will require an overnight bag, so needless to say I’m pretty excited.
- Bertha. I mean honestly, homegirl is my favorite. Everyday she surprises me in new ways. One day it’s her ability to puree, the next she’s making acai bowls like a champ. I mean honestly look at this…
- I feel so honored to have been tagged in not one but TWO blog surveys this week. Do people actually read this? Is this thing on? I plan on working on these over the next week.
- I know I’m not the only one who lives for trashy TV, but Keeping Up with the Kardashians is my absolute favorite. We’ve already discussed my obsession with Scott, but if we’re being real, I’ve been #TeamKourtney from the very beginning. And for all you haters out there, this article explains why.
- Some of you have inquired about my Asparagus Fettuccine. I’ve included the recipe below. I absolutely loved it. I made it Monday night and I portioned it out to last me all week for lunch. It was the perfect mid-day meal, filling but not quite food-coma status. If you make it, please let me know what you think!
Asparagus Fettuccine with Lemon and Pepper (Serves 4 – 30 minute total)
5 tbs olive oil, divided
5 cloves garlic, minced (2 tbs)
2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1-inch lengths
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
8 oz. fettuccine
1 tbs. grated lemon zest
1. Heat 2 tbs oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in asparagus, season with salt if desired. Saute 2 minutes, then cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and just tender. Transfer half of asparagus to plate and set aside.
2. Cook remaining asparagus 1 minute more, then transfer to bowl of food processor (or Bertha in my case). Add lemon juice, pepper, and remaining 3 tbs oil, and blend until sauce is smooth.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot and toss with asparagus sauce, reserved cooking water and lemon zest. Stir in reserved asparagus and season with salt and pepper if desired.
So there you have it folks! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and enjoy this gorgeous weather!
What are you loving this week?
Any fun weekend plans?
Do you love or hate surprises? Love em! I never really snoop because I think it makes it so much more fun for everyone!
Let me know if you try the Asparagus Fettuccine. Would love to hear your feedback!