I saw this survey on Renaissance Runner Girl’s Blog on Monday and I figured since it’s National Running Day, I ought to answer a few questions pertaining to running.
Afterwards I’ll catch everyone up on WIAW (but really Tuesday) because who doesn’t want to see all my meals?
Thanks for the LinkUp Jenn!
1. Why do you run? Running has become a part of me. I dabbled with running in high school to supplement swimming, I ran a few half marathons in college, but it wasn’t until grad school when I became completely and utterly obsessed. I’d like to sit down and write out the progression of my running “career” since it took YEARS to develop. But back to the question… #Tangent… Running helps me stay sane and focused. It taught me discipline and has become one of my greatest passions in life. Running has inspired me to chase my dreams (LOL) and prove to me that if I do work hard enough, I can catch them (double LOL).
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? I went on a run. Obviously? This year I really hope to focus on the enjoyment of running and run Garmin free. AKA Garmin hidden in my pocket. That as “free” as this girl gets. #GetOverIt
3. How many miles have you run so far this year? As of May 31st, 1,010 miles. Well that’s kinda fun.
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? My one goal race is NYCM. I have a few other half marathons planned (Fairfield – June, Hogsback – September, South Norwalk – October, Nantucket – October), and would like to add in a a few shorter distance races. As NYC is my main focus, all other races will serve as training runs.
5. Before I leave for a run I must have: Garmin, headphones, apartment keys. No I don’t eat before I run.
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? I use my Nike GPS watch.
7. Who is your favorite running partner? I usually run solo, #ForeverAlone, but I love running with my boyfriend.
8. What races have you run so far this year? Hmm… I feel like I haven’t run any haha… I ran the Boston Buildup Series (10K, 15K, 20K, 25K) weekends from January through March, the NYC Half in March, the Greater Hartford 1/4 Marathon in April, Boston Marathon (and Part 2) in April, and the Stamford Boys & Girls Club 5K in May. I don’t think I’m missing any others…
Now to my meals…. Captions only : )
Answer one of the questions above!
What was your favorite meal this past week? Date balls… if I eat enough in one sitting does that count as a meal?
How did you celebrate National Running Day?