So remember last week when I said “this week is flying“. Well, I would like to take that complaint back, and replace it with “this week is CRAWLING“. Holy cow. Wednesday I was convinced was Thursday. And Tuesday felt like Wednesday. Maybe it was because my 3 hour trip home from Nantucket on Sunday really took over 6 hours, or the fact that I feel like I’m behind in all aspects of life. Or perhaps it’s the fact I’m just stressed out.
Anywhozers, it is ACTUALLY Thursday now, so I’m linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
So let’s get into fun things, like a survey…where I get to talk about myself and showcase some sweet pics (Napoleon Dynamite anyone..??). Danielle over at Little Mama Big Life nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is a nomination given to newer blogs in order to get to know me! Because honestly, I’m pretty cool. So here’s how it works: you are asked 11 questions about yourself, and then you give 11 more fun, random facts. Next, you pass on the nomination to two more bloggers with 11 new questions of your own… or in my case, probably the same ones… #Lame
- Who inspires you? Getting right to the nitty gritty Danielle! To be as corny as possible, my mom inspires me. She is an absolutely incredible and strong woman. I admire her every.single.day. She has provided me with unconditional love and support throughout every choice I’ve made. Even the really really dumb ones. And there have been a few. Love ya Jen. xo
- Favorite Food? Homemade pizza made with my boyfriend. Also known as pizza made with love.
- Favorite childhood memory? I would have to say spending my summers on Nantucket. I was extremely fortunate to spend so much time with my family. Definitely something I miss a lot.
- Favorite app? Instagram. It’s the best picture book around. Follow me I post cool shit.
- How many siblings do you have? Zero. Perfection baby.
- What was the first concert you’ve been to? Dave Mathews. Wasn’t that everyones first concert who lived in the NE?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tricky tricky question and I’m not sure I know the answer. I would love to have a job I was passionate about, hopefully have a family, and potentially be living somewhere new and different as I’m still young enough to take some of those risks. I also wouldn’t mind reliving this in 5 years either.
- What is your favorite part of your day? The time from when I wake up, go for a morning run, and eat my breakfast while I color. Yes I have an adult coloring book and maybe if you’re lucky I’ll show you it sometime. It’s my “me” time, where I can totally relax and get ready for the day.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Anything and everything on Bravo. And Teen Mom (all variations) on MTV.
- What would your perfect day look like? April 25th. Had too. Killed it. No a perfect day for me would be to wake up, have a fabulous long run, go out have an incredible brunch/breakfast… pack up, head to the beach nice and early for the day… come home, make some good pizza, and watch a movie on the couch in comfy clothes. I really don’t want more than that in life.
- Which blogs do you follow religiously? Um a ton. I’m a total creeper and read a lot a lot of blogs. The first blog I read was Hungry Runner Girl, but check out my “Must Read” tab, which is always a work in progress.
And now my 11 Fun Facts:
- I have two tattoos. And I want one more, but I don’t think I’ll ever end up getting it.
- I swam competitively most my life and hold a pool record in Maryland for the 200 Breaststroke.
- I lifeguarded for far too many summers. All the way through grad school and the summer after I graduated… it was not a shitty job.
- I graduated from high school twice. Once in 2006, and then I did a post graduate year at boarding school to be recruited to colleges for swimming and I graduated again in 2007.
- I went to the same private school from Kindergarten to 12th grade and I graduated with 64 kids. 20 of which I had been in class with SINCE kindergarten.
- I was in a sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma in college and was our social chair. I also lived in the house for two years. It was all lingerie sleepover and pillow fights. Yep. Totally what it was like…
- I hate mushrooms with a passion. I almost gagged just thinking about it.
- Sometimes when I laugh really hard I snort. Okay… a lot of times when I laugh I snort. I’m adorable what can I say.
- I am terribly blind and should be referred to as Mr. Magoo if I don’t have my contacts in or my glasses on. But yet I’m too paranoid to get Lasik.
- I do not wear any makeup. Zilch. I hate the way it feels on my skin. Or at least that’s what I tell myself because in reality I just don’t know how to put it on.
- Just thought of this, and if I wasn’t too lazy to reorder this list, I’d put it higher up because it’s cool. Or maybe it’s better to go off on a high note. My family bred our first dog (Java – chocolate labrador retriever) in order to teach me the meaning of life. She had the puppies while I was away at swim camp. #ParentingFail. But she had seven puppies – we kept one Mocha!
I hope you all made it. Thanks for sticking around : ) I know it was a long one! Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!
And random, and probably a bit narcissistic for me to mention, but if y’all have any questions for me that you’d like for me to answer on this blog – truly about ANYTHING I would love to hear from you!
Is your week flying by or dragging like a cement block this week?
Answer one of the questions above!
What’s a random fun fact about yourself? They were a lot harder to come up with than I thought!