It’s here. I leave for my week on the beach tomorrow! The weather forecast is looking less and less promising which makes me and my melatonin sad, but time away is time away and I’ll take it!
I’m most likely sitting at the doctors as you read this. I’ve had a lot going on personally lately that has made blogging/reading blogs/staying positive pretty difficult. To sum it up, life is tough sometimes. I am not where I thought I’d be in my career by now, but that’s okay. I’m also not as financially secure as I’d like to be… are we ever? Between #AdultProblems and just being frustrated with my health, I’ve been somewhat blah. I think taking a step back from the world for a solid 7 days is just what I need.
So that being said, I will not be posting/reading/commenting for the next week. When I get back next Sunday I’m sure I will spend my fair share of time catching up, but while I’m gone I plan on being gone and focusing on being present on vacation.
- I’m about to totally blow your mind and start by talking about running. Shocking to no one I’m sure. But I feel like I’m finally back on track with my training. I think? I’ve been feeling good lately and will be hitting my highest milage since Boston this week. It may be the decrease in heat and humidity, it may be me actually following through and not wuss’ing out on my runs… who knows but it seems as though
StellaJamie’s got her groove back.
Workouts 8/3 – 8/9:
Monday: AM Run 7.37 miles, 8’18’ average pace – easy run before work, somewhat humid, no real purpose behind the run except for milage
AM Run 6.10 miles, 8’06” average pace – easy shakeout run before run club this evening. Humidity seemed to decrease quite a bit. Planning on a 5 mile tempo run at or below MGP this evening.
PM Run 5.15 miles, 8’11” average pace – this run did NOT go well. Barely any people at run club which meant total lack of motivation to run. I also experienced some rather painful abdominal cramping, totally lacked energy post work, and really was just not feeling it.
AM Run 7.0 miles, 7’24” average pace – Tuesday’s night run that wasn’t. I put my best foot forward (I’m hilarious) and attempted to do a tempo run on my own. I hate feeling like I’m staring at my watch the whole run, but I totally was. It was a bit uncomfortable, but happy I finally settled into my groove. Middle 5 miles average pace 7’01”.
AM Run 7.44 miles, 8’01” average pace – easy, shakeout run to get miles in.
AM Run 9 miles projected. Will be running early morning, and have to fast afterwards before my doctors appointment at 1PM. Therefore I will not be pushing it.
Saturday: will be a rest day due to travel
Sunday: Long Run – planned 15 miles with average pace at or slightly below 8min/miles.
Projected total weekly miles: roughly 57, which like I said before will be my highest milage since Boston training. I am comfortable with this increase and will probably remain high milage through my vacation. Afterwards I will be taking a step back week.
Will provide a more comprehensive/updated log when I get back… because I know everyone is dying to know…
2. Now to hit the second most unexpected topic on this blog, I’m beyond excited for Nantucket. We all know it holds an extremely special place in my heart, and I’m looking forward to being able to be out on island for a full week this summer. I can’t tell you the last time I was on island, in the summer, for a week straight. Probably not since college, which was a lot longer than I’d like to admit. Here’s to unplugging, relaxing, reading a lot, and hopefully running a lot of miles.
3. Kona. This guy makes me beyond happy. His big eyes and aloof attitude make my heart smile. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that little pea brain of his, but at the same time I don’t think I really want to know. Part of me assumes it’s full of judgement… I’ve seen him roll his eyes at me. Best friends for life. Maybe?
4. Speaking of people who make my heart smile, I got dinner this past Wednesday with Taylor, my best friend from college and sorority sister. KKG for LYFE! Bleed Blue! #I’mEmbarrassing. We met up after work in Ridgefield at The Little Pub (highly recommend) and had an absolutely delicious meal. While Taylor is one of my favorite people in the world, I feel like I really brought my A-game to our dinner. Not only did I introduce her to “Not Your Fathers Root Beer“, listed under “Irresponsibly Fun Summer Drinks” so you know it’s good… but I also let her in on the secret that is the Lifetime series UnReal. I saw this show mentioned on a few blogs over the past few weeks and after a 72 hour binge, I caught up and finished the entire season. I now see what everyone was talking about. Holy hell I’m obsessed.
All joking aside, I miss my friends. My best friends are all over the place… NYC, Boston, Newtown (LOL), and some even on the West Coast. Often times I find myself missing them quite a bit, and I truly wish I was able to see them more. But every time we get together it’s almost as if nothing has changed. I’m really hoping to focus on strengthening these friendships in the next few months. Summer is a crazy busy time for everyone, and before the holiday season starts kicking in (holy hell…) I want to make a conscious effort to see everyone. I think it will be tough, but manageable. I guess that’s the weird part of getting older… everyone’s lives start getting busier and busier… gone are the days of stealing cereal boxes from the dining hall.
5. And for the last bit of exciting news, I’m getting a Remicade infusion today. This has been the first 6 week period without a mild/major flare. While it’s promising, what I’m most excited about is finally getting an appointment for a third opinion at Yale. Early September I’m yet again going to see ANOTHER doctor to be poked and prodded (you know..) and I’m really dreading it, but if it gets me off this damn medicine it’ll be worth it.
So there you have it folks. Lot’s of things to look forward to in these coming weeks. While I will miss you all while I’m gone, we all need to take a step away from blogging/technology every now and then. I think it’ll do this body/mind/soul good : ) I will be spamming Instagram, so if you don’t follow me and want to see me living it up on ACK, FOLLOW ME! : )
No questions – just lots of love for this upcoming week. Take time to be present in the moment, with the ones you love, and while doing what makes you happy! Have a fabulous weekend and week! xo