You probably thought something exciting happened but really I’m just happy it’s Friday! I’m linking up with Heather, Katie, and Clare this week for my Friday Favorites, and telling you all about things that are making me smile this week 🙂
But before we get into it, I want to congratulate a select few of you who guessed the correct StitchFix item I kept – blue striped tank with yellow detailing. I’m going to do a full review for the blog next week so don’t you worry. However, I will not be modeling these clothes. I figured a hanger on my door was much
prettier more efficient.
Also – a high percentage of you like peanut M&Ms…. while I’m an equal opportunity eater, and trust if there’s a bowl of peanut M&Ms in front of me I WILL eat some, I can’t believe only ONE person pointed out the best kind of M&M to ever be created – PB M&Ms !
Alright let’s get to it… in chronological order… obviously.
1. Jeopardy: I don’t care if this makes me seem like a 70 year old cat lady, but nothing brings me greater joy than sitting down after a long day of work and watching Jeopardy. I even occasionally answer some questions right. Makes me feel smart. It’s the little things.
2. Dispatch: BF, his sisters, and I are heading into NYC tonight to see Dispatch in concert. Dispatch and DMB pretty much sum up my high school experience. Sprinkle in a little Slightly Stoopid and Bob Marley and you now have the recipe for every mix CD I made.
3. Running: I’m back at it. Almost. Although my milage is still pretty low (for me), I’m happy with being able to run almost pain free. I’m excited for my long run this weekend since one of my old Nike coworkers is making the trip out from the city to run. Fresh air and beach runs >>> City Running #IMO.
4. The Beach: This is where I will be sunning myself like a lizard, getting a years worth of Vitamin D all weekend long. I plan on finishing my book and starting a new one this weekend. I can’t think of anything better for the mind/body/soul.
5. Cleansing: Everyone better knock on wood, but I think this has really helped. I desperately want to face plant in some Viva’s nachos this weekend, but I can’t and won’t because (I don’t want to jinx myself but..) I think I feel a bit better. I definitely have noticed a decrease in bloat, less overall pain and discomfort, and a significant decrease in “urgency” especially while running. While I think my food consumption has been slightly low this past week, I’ve hit all my calorie and macro goals. I hate how limited I am sometimes, but I really think eating this way is the best for my digestive system. With lots of fun things coming up this summer and the start of marathon training… I might just be adhering to a diet similar to this cleanse. Lots of smoothies, whole/natural foods, and veggies. Limited carbohydrates and zero dairy. Let’s see how long this lasts…
I’m looking forward to actually posting a weekly workout wrap up on Sunday since it’s been QUITE some time since I’ve been able to do so. Spoiler alert: this was the best week I’ve had in over a month, however, I’m not satisfied. Maybe it’s because I’m greedy and want my fitness back, maybe it’s because I’m a female. Either way, I’m excited to get after it this next week.
Have a wonderful weekend, and if you’re anything like me, soak up those Vitamin D rays : )
What are you looking forward to most this weekend?
What was the last concert you went to? ZBB in June for me, which was absolutely the best concert of my life. I’m super excited for Dispatch but I think ZBB will be tough to beat!
Anyone racing or have a long run this weekend? 11 miles with me with my Nike running friend! Excited to not be sucking wind on my own… here’s to hoping I can keep up!