Hey Y’all. Who is ready for the weekend?! Although this weekend isn’t as jam packed with activities, I’m really looking forward to spending some time relaxing at the beach. I’m really hoping the weather holds out.
I plan on starting Saturday off with a nice longish run. I’m still on no set plan, but would like to get some 10 easy miles in in preparation for pacing next weekends half marathon. My stomach is still no bueno, but I have pretty much gotten to the point where I need to run for the mental release. It has almost been a complete week since my last run. While I ran on Monday, my stomach felt decent during the run and my legs felt great(!), after the run I unfortunately was not doing so hot. #TMI? Whatever.
My Saturday will hopefully include a longish run, a stop at Barnes & Nobel to buy some quick beach reads, and at least 5 hours soaking in some much needed Vitamin D. If I happen to get a pedicure or reflexology massage, so be it : )
- Last weekend my boyfriend sent me this article. The idea of OTS (Over Training Syndrome) is a newish concept that is directed towards endurance athletes. I am the first to admit I am not very kind to my body sometimes, and I refuse to take rest days when I know I should. Part of the reason I scheduled rest days on my NYCM training plan is to force myself to take them. OTS affects people differently – sometimes you can recover, sometimes not so much. I have to remind myself that I want to take care of my body so I can keep being crazy and run marathons for the rest of my life.
- Smoothies. Since this is my primary form of dietary intake, I’ve really enjoyed experimenting with different flavors. This morning I tried a peach and cantaloupe smoothie, with vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract. Um… delicious. I thought it was pretty close to a Creamsicle. Definitely not the same, but pretty close. #NotAHumbleBrag.
- Pixar. I am openly obsessed with anything and everything Pixar makes. From Finding Nemo to Monsters Inc I’ve seen ’em all. So it should come as no surprise that I am beyond anxious to see Inside Out. Sure I may be the only person over the age of 10 (without a child) in the movie theater, but I’m damn excited. And it has my girl Mindy in it #FTW.
- Feeling pretty thankful to be able to celebrate my best friends birthday with her. Like I mentioned last week, I went into the city for Caroline’s (and her boyfriends) birthday brunch. I loved meeting some of their friends, and I am so happy that I get to celebrate these milestones with her. Because she used to live in Dallas, it was pretty difficult to see each other. But now that she’s a NYC girl, it makes it a whole lot easy to get my Swedish fix.
- StitchFix. So I have my next StitchFix scheduled to arrive before the Fourth of July. When I scheduled it, I had plans to return to Nantucket for a long week. With those up in the air, I’m excited to see what my stylist has picked. In the past, it hasn’t been the best experience, so I have my fingers (and toes!) crossed extra tight this time. In hopes to ensure a more successful fix, I went back to Pinterest (holy time suck) and updated my style board. Hopefully it will give my stylist a better feel of what I wear, and what I might like. #NoMorePleather !
- I don’t think it’s actually possible for me to publish a post without mentioning running once. I’ve been using the Nike GPS and Nike+ Running app to track my runs for the last few years. Before I became a Nike user, I was a Garmin user, but their new Forerunner 620 is making me reconsider. It is a splurge though, so I think I might hold off until Christmas – thanks Mom <3.
So there you have it! Those are some things I’m loving, thinking, and smiling about this week. I hope you have a fantastic Friday and an equally amazing weekend! xo
What are you looking forward to the most this weekend?
Have you heard of Over Training Syndrome?
Are you loyal to your GPS watch? Anyone use the Forerunner 620? I feel like a traitor if I switch back to Garmin.