Happy Friday! We made it! I have a short morning at work before heading to Nantucket for Figawi. I promise I’ll stop talking about it soon …
1. Long Weekends: I don’t know what it is, but that extra 24 hours just makes the weekend so much more enjoyable. I feel like every weekend should be a three days long.
2. Festive Clothing: I love being corny and I celebrate any and EVERY holiday, including the start of Memorial Day Weekend by wearing this festive sweater to work. I bought it two summers ago (2013 I think?) on a total whim. It was overpriced, but how often do you find an adorable American flag sweater?
3. Frozen Bananas: Where have these been all my life. Two weekends ago as I was housesitting for my parents, my mom mentioned she had some cut up frozen bananas in the freezer. Initially I thought that sounded disgusting, but I was hungry so I tried a slice. WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING!? I am now buying bushels? groups? bunches? of bananas weekly, eating half fresh, and then cutting and freezing the remainder. I love putting the frozen slices on top of my acai bowl in the morning. Gives it a little umph. Ja feel?
4. Acai Bowls: can’t stop won’t stop. I have yet to get a blender (I can’t make decisions) so my acai bowls have been less smoothie, more fruity than anything. But the
4b. Acai Bowls in my SoulCycle mug: the most over priced mug in my cabinet… but I love it and it makes me happy. $15 for a mug. #YOLO
5. This nut butter: almond butter AND espresso – where have you been hiding?! This is everything. Between the texture and flavor I could easily eat an entire jar in one sitting. Don’t test me. Also it says 9 servings per container? I’m going to go ahead with no. It’s like 2, maybe 3. Max.
6. Paranoid Pigeon & Downward Dog: I’m no yogi, but a good downward dog helps me relieve some serious tension. I carry a lot of my stress in my shoulders and my feet (don’t ask). Downward Dog is a go-to for me after a long day. Paranoid Pigeon really helps my piriformis and hip flexors loosen up after a long run or after sitting all day. And its a hilarious name, therefore, it is one of the few yoga moves I will do.
7. Matcha Tea: when I first saw this article on EliteDaily, I thought “what the hell”? What is Matcha Tea? And can something at Starbucks really only cost 87 cents? In fact, it can, and it does. While not as delicious as my standard basic betch drink, Venti Passion Tea Unsweetened with Light Ice… #diva, it’s pretty good. And I’m for anything with antioxidants.
8. New Zac Brown Band album: I can’t get enough. I downloaded this on Spotify about two weeks ago and I haven’t stopped listening to it since. Great post-run stretching music and it has been my go-to for the shower. TMI? Whatever.
9. This article: I find it fascinating to see how men v. women use their spare time.
10. Scott Disick: I just can’t. As an open lover of all things Kardashian, I think Scott is my favorite. For evidence as to why, please check out my Instagram. During the two-part Bruce Jenner special (did I actually empathize with Kris? Who am I?) Scott stated, “You know I’ve realized, that I’m probably just perfect, and it’s everybody else around me that’s got issues”. Scott Disick you are my #SpiritAnimal
And because I’m type-A, I’m going to end this list at 10. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend as I will be MIA on the Rock! Happy MDW weekend!!
What are some of your favorite things this past week?
Anyone ever try Matcha Tea? Am I the last to know?
Favorite Nut Butter? Honestly, I can’t choose. Not only do I love almond butter, but I love cashew butter. And then I love vanilla flavored nut butter. But then I was exposed to espresso nut butter… #MyStruggleIsReal
Who is your favorite Kardashian? I know you have one…. I’m all about Scott, but I guess if I had to pick one of the sisters, I’d choose Kourtney. Mainly because she has the best resting bitch face I’ve ever seen. #LifeGoals