Why not jump right on the bandwagon and link up with Amanda and have my first:
- The last day of April (or any month) means it’s time for me to nerd out on my monthly running statistics.
- Total Miles: 187
- Year to Date Miles: 790
- Number of Races: 2
- Greater Hartford 1/4 Marathon: 6.41 miles, 6’48” average pace
- Boston Marathon: 26.4 miles, 3:19:48, 7’34” average pace
- The weather right now makes me super happy. I think we are finally past all the rain and frigid temperatures (anything below 40 is frigid in my mind). This weekend calls for 76 and sunny on Sunday so best believe I will be parking myself in a lounge chair at the beach.
- I went to a movie, Ex Machina, with my boyfriend last night. Hmm. I honestly don’t really know what happened. Did anything actually happen? Alvin and the Chipmunks and other animated/Pixar movies are more my jam. But regardless, I love breaking up the work week with a fun date night on Wednesdays. And even though it wasn’t “my type” of movie, I did get a big Diet Coke out of it !
- My local Green & Tonic (Greenwich) serves delicious Acai Bowls! But instead of serving them in a bowl, they are served in a cup. So they are actually Acai Cups. I’m not quite sure why, but this drives me nuts. I swear it tastes better when served in a bowl.
- I updated my “About” page to include a bit more regarding the origins of my picky eating and somewhat restrictive diet. For those of you too lazy to read, the abbreviated version is after many years of digestive and GI distress, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease last summer. I have researched different diets/methods/theories to help control my flares best I can with natural, organic foods that I will be sharing on here.
- One of my biggest concerns when starting this blog was that I would have nothing to write about. But I’m excited to say that I have so many ideas that I cannot wait to share with all of you!
Do you try to do anything fun to break up the workweek? What are some of your favorite mid-week dates?
Any fun plans for the warm weather we are getting this weekend?